Space Cuboree 2022
WELCOME TO REGION CUBOREE
Region Cuboree is the biggest event run by the Hunter & Coastal Cub Region Team every two years. This event is open to all Cubs in the Region.
The theme for Cuboree is “Space”. Each base will have activities relating to the theme.
The event is focused on giving the attendees worthwhile activities whereby they have fun and learn whilst doing. The focus is to provide activities which are challenging, enhance teamwork and provide a safe environment for slightly risky adventures.
Each of our Districts and our Region Activity team will be providing activities which the Cubs will be participating on a rotation basis. Each activity will be supervised by Leaders, who will then be accompanied by Rovers, Venturers and Scouts to ensure each participant completes the task at hand.
The Cubs will be sleeping in District Camps. They will be sleeping in tents with all meals prepared and cooked for them. At all times the Cubs will be supervised. We will have Leaders patrolling throughout the night to ensure safety to all attendees.
The Camps main aim is for fun. Some activities include Climbing Wall, Bump Balls, Tattooing, Mazes, Clown Costume Races, Hamster Wheel, Ninja Course plus many more. In total 44 activities will be there for them to enjoy. There will also be night time entertainment.
If your Cub Leader is not attending, arrangements will be made for the Youth Member to be placed within a Group and will be supervised throughout by other District Leaders.
The camp will commence at 5pm on Friday 16th September 2022 and will finish at 2pm on Sunday 18th September 2022. Please try and car pool with other attendees.
How to apply
Applications for Region Cuboree must be completed online at: https://eventregistration.patroltent.com
If you do not have an account you need to create an account, validate, then log in, otherwise just login. Look for Hunter & Coastal Cuboree 2022, then complete all aspects of the registration.
Please note that a Parents/Guardian may sign the electronic consent section on behalf of their Cub Scout, though they still must sign the consent themself.
On line applications will close at midnight on 19th August 2022. Applications will not be accepted until they are fully paid and completed.
If you have any enquiries, please contact your Cub Leader in the first instance.
Should they not be able to assist you, your District Cub Leader should be your second port of call. Following that, the Regional Cub Commissioner is more than happy to answer your question by email. email@example.com
- Must have had 8th Birthday and be under 12 years old
- Must be registered as a Cub in Scouts Australia NSW at the time of application and through till 18th September 2022
- Must have approval from their Cub Leader to attend
- Must have consent from Parent/Guardian to attend
- Must be registered as a Scout in Scouts Australia at time of application and through till 18th September 2022
- Must have approval from their District Cub Leader to attend
- Must have been a Scout for over 12 months
- Must be willing to provide a service on the bases to assists Cubs over the weekend
- Have consent from their Parents/Guardians
- Must be registered as a Venturer in Scouts Australia NSW at the time of application and through till 18th September 2022
- If 18 or over as at 18th September 2022 have a current Working With Children Check, Completed and current Child Safe Scouting and WHS for Scouting
- Must be willing to provide a service on the bases to assist Cubs over the weekend
- Have consent from their Parent/Guardian
- Must be registered as a Leader/Rover in Scouts Australia NSW at the time of application and through till 18th September 2022
- Have a current Working with Children Check, Completed and current Child Safe Scouting and WHS for Scouting Adult Helpers
- Must be registered as an Adult Helper with Scouts Australia NSW (A2)
- Have a current Working With Children Check, Completed and current Child Safe Scouting and WHS for Scouting
Cubs – $95.00
Scouts/Venturers/Leaders/Adult Helpers – $80.00
These fees include the cost of activities (for Cubs), food, shirt, hire of equipment and camping fees.
Our preferred method of payment is via the online application system. Payment can be made as soon as you Submit your application.
If you are unable to pay via the online application system, you can make the payment via cash or cheque to your Group, then a Group cheque to Scouts Australia and sent to Hunter & Coastal Region Office, PO Box 191, Wallsend NSW 2287, BEFORE midnight on 19th August 2022 with the application form.
If after making an application, you are unable to attend Hunter & Coastal Region Cuboree, you must email Bill Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible.
Withdrawal Fees apply as follows;
- Before 8th August 2022– no fee applicable
- On or after 8th August 2022 – 50% of the applicable cost
This date is when we must start placing orders to ensure we have sufficient goods.
Should your medical conditions change from the information provided on your initial application, prior to the commencement of Region Cuboree 2022, it is your obligation to advise us immediately of such change through both the online system and by written confirmation directly to Bill Brown- email@example.com
It is also your obligation to ensure if any dietary requirements are required that it is filled in on the application. Failure to do so will result in only the normal menu to be available for consumption.
Cubs to be dropped off from 5pm on Friday 16th September 2022.
Please ensure attendee has eaten dinner on Friday 16th September 2022 as Dinner is not provided. If take away is purchased, please ensure meal is totally eaten prior to entering showground and no packaging taken onto showground.
Due to the amount of Cubs being dropped off at the same time, please enter via Ourimbah Street Morisset. You will be directed at the gate, drive through to undercover area, where your Cub will exit the vehicle with luggage and placed in an area for Leaders to collect and take down to camping area. Please DO NOT get out of the car, then continue on road to exit showground on Freemans Drive. DO NOT ENTER AT FREEMANS DRIVE. There is NO parking areas for Parents/Guardians to park to take Cubs to Campsite.
This method is used for the safety of attendees as we will be unloading in excess of 400 cars within an hour period, so need to limit car movements.